Dr. Marie Saitou (she/her/hers) – Post-Doctoral Researcher, Astellas Foundation Fellow. A graduate of the University of Tokyo, she is leading on multiple projects in the laboratory. Here is her CV. A nice short video of her talking about her recent work is here.
Ozgur Taskent (he/him/his) – Ph.D. Student, Presidential Fellow. Ozgur has an interest in the population history of Western Asian populations. Check out his blog at http://generatioaequivoca.blogspot.com/ (Turkish).
Skyler Resendez (he/him/his) – Ph.D. Student, Presidential Fellow. Skyler is also a member of the CLIMB program and received funding through the IMSD. He studies structural variants found in ancient hominin genomes with an emphasis on the Growth Hormone Receptor (GHR) gene, utilizing a transgenic mouse model.
Izzy Starr (they/them/theirs) – Ph.D. Student, Microsoft Ada Lovelace Fellow, Arthur A. Schomburg Fellow. They study host genome-skin microbiome co-evolution, focusing on the evolution of autoimmune skin disorders such as psoriasis.
Andre Campelo Dos Santos (he/him/his) – Andre is a Ph.D. student in Archaeology at the Federal University of Pernambuco. He is visiting our laboratory for a year and is interested in analyzing ancient DNA from the prehistoric human remains found in Northeastern Brazil.
Kirsten Dean (she/her/hers) – Undergraduate Student. Kirsten is a Senior at the Honors College and is majoring in Biomedical Sciences. She is currently researching the salivary MUC7 gene, observing a subexonic repeat that is variable in copy number across a variety of placental mammals.
Therese Wild (she/her/hers) – Undergraduate Student. Therese is a freshman at the University Honors College studying Biology and Political Science.
Jon Kick (he/him/his) – Undergraduate Student.
Umair Syed (he/him/his) – Undergraduate Student.
- Yen Lung ‘Onta’ Lin (Ph.D. 2019) -Now a postdoctoral fellow in the Barreiro Lab at the University of Chicago.
- Duo ‘Erica’ Xu (Ph.D., 2018) – Now a postdoctoral fellow in the Khurana Lab at Weill Cornell.
- Eaaswarkhanth Muthukrishnan, (Postdoctoral Fellow) – Group Leader at the Dasman Diabetes Institute – Kuwait.
- John Sebastiani (M.S., 2018) – Now he a Ph.D. student at the University of Miami
- Justin Bradley (M.S., EEB Program) – Now at Fisher Scientific.
- Petar Pajic (M.S., 2017) – Now a tech at UB Oral Biology.
- Samantha Queeno (M.A., 2016) – Now a Ph.D. Student at the University of Oregon
- Brandon Mistretta (M.A., 2015) – Ph.D. Student at University of Houston.
- Alexa Bracci (B.S., 2017) – Now a Ph.D. student at Cornell at the Amnon Koren’s Lab at Cornell.
- Lauren Boehnke (B.S., 2016) – Now a Ph.D. Student at the UB graduate program in Biomedical Sciences.
- Sara-Ann Fox, (B.S., 2015) – Now a Medical Student at SUNY, Upstate Medical University
- Colin Flanagan (B.S., 2015) – Now a research assistant at Rockefeller University (with Dr. Ju Chen).
- Emilie Redwood (B.S., 2016) – Now at Med. School at SUNY, Stony Brook
- Sarah Schwartz (High School Intern) – Now a UB B.S. Student studying Computer Scienc