Yen Lung ‘Onta’ Lin, Ph.D. student & Presidential Fellow. Onta received both her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from National Taiwan University, in the Departments of Botany and Plant Biology, respectively. She is now a Ph.D. student working on hotspots of structural variation in primates. She is also a recipient of the Presidential Fellowship here at the UB.
Duo ‘Erica’ Xu, PhD student, Erica is originally from China and received her bachelors degree in biological science from Fudan University. She works on analyzing the distribution of structural variation across time. P.S. Always free for lloyd taco trucks~
Ozgur Taskent, Ph.D. Student and Presidential Fellow. Ozgur has an interest in the population history of Western Asian populations. Check out his blog at http://generatioaequivoca.blogspot.com/ (Turkish).
Skyler Resendez – Ph.D. Student, Presidential Fellow. Skyler is also a member of the CLIMB program with funding through the IMSD. He studies structural variants found in ancient hominin genomes. Check out his blog, The Bio Bay, at https://resendezskyler.wordpress.com/.
Izzy Starr – Ph.D. Student. Izzy is an Arthur Schomburg Fellow. They are interested in many things, including the intersection of identity and genetics.
John Sebastiani – M.S. Student, John is a Master’s student in UB’s Biology Graduate Program. He is currently researching structural variants in modern and ancient polar bear genomes.
John Binkowski – M.S. Student, John is a Master’s student in UB’s Biology Graduate Program. He is currently working on applying different SV discovery tools to ancient and modern genomes.
Hannah Calkins – Undergraduate Student, Hannah is a Junior majoring in Biological Sciences. She is responsible for our mice.
Kirsten Dean – Undergraduate Student, Kirsten is a Freshman at the Honors College and is majoring in Biomedical Sciences. She is currently researching the salivary MUC7 gene, observing a subexonic repeat that is variable in copy number across a variety of placental mammals.
- Alexa Bracci (B.S. 2017) – Now a Ph.D. student at Cornell
- Sarah Schwartz (High School Intern) – Now a B.S. Student at UB Computer Science
- Justing Bradley (M.S., EEB Program)
- Petar Pajic (M.S., 2017) – Applying for MD/Ph.D. Programs
- Lauren Boehnke (B.S., 2016) – Now a Ph.D. Student at UB graduate program in Biomedical Sciences.
- Samantha Queeno (M.A., 2016) – Now a Ph.D. Student at University of Oregon.
- Eaaswarkhanth Muthukrishnan, Postdoctoral Fellow – Now Senior Researcher at Dasman Diabetes Institute – Kuwait.
- Victoria Yellamaty, (M.A., 2016)
- Brandon Mistretta (M.A., 2015) – Now a medical genetics technologist at Baylor College of Medicine
- Sara-Ann Fox, (B.S., 2015) – Now a Medical Student at SUNY, Upstate Medical University
- Colin Flanagan (B.S., 2015) – Now a research assistant at Rockefeller University (with Dr. Ju Chen).
- Emilie Redwood (B.S., 2016) – Now at Med. School at SUNY, Stony Brook