Dr. Marie Saitou – Astellas Foundation Fellow. A graduate of the University of Tokyo, she is leading on multiple projects in the laboratory. Here is her CV. A nice short video of her talking about her recent work is here.
Yen Lung ‘Onta’ Lin – Ph.D. student & Presidential Fellow. Onta received both her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from National Taiwan University, in the Departments of Botany and Plant Biology, respectively. She is now a Ph.D. student working on hotspots of structural variation in primates. She is also a recipient of the Presidential Fellowship here at the UB.
Ozgur Taskent – Ph.D. Student and Presidential Fellow. Ozgur has an interest in the population history of Western Asian populations. Check out his blog at http://generatioaequivoca.blogspot.com/ (Turkish).
Skyler Resendez – Ph.D. Student, Presidential Fellow. Skyler is also a member of the CLIMB program and received funding through the IMSD. He studies structural variants found in ancient hominin genomes with an emphasis on the Growth Hormone Receptor (GHR) gene, utilizing a transgenic mouse model.
Izzy Starr – Ph.D. Student. Izzy is an Arthur Schomburg Fellow. They are interested in many things, including the intersection of identity and genetics.
Andre Campelo Dos Santos – Andre is a Ph.D. student in Archaeology at the Federal University of Pernambuco. He is visiting our laboratory for a year and is interested in analyzing ancient DNA from the prehistoric human remains found in Northeastern Brazil.
Kirsten Dean – Undergraduate Student. Kirsten is a Freshman at the Honors College and is majoring in Biomedical Sciences. She is currently researching the salivary MUC7 gene, observing a subexonic repeat that is variable in copy number across a variety of placental mammals.
Therese Wild – Undergraduate Student. Therese is a freshman at the University Honors College studying Biology and Political Science.
- Duo ‘Erica’ Xu (Ph.D., 2018) – Now a postdoctoral fellow in the Khurana Lab at Weill Cornell.
- John Sebastiani (M.S., 2018) – Now he a Ph.D. student at the University of Miami.
- Alexa Bracci (B.S., 2017) – Now a Ph.D. student at Cornell at the Amnon Koren’s Lab at Cornell.
- Sarah Schwartz (High School Intern) – Now a UB B.S. Student studying Computer Science
- Justin Bradley (M.S., EEB Program)
- Petar Pajic (M.S., 2017) – Now a tech at UB Oral Biology. Also applying for MD/Ph.D. Programs.
- Lauren Boehnke (B.S., 2016) – Now a Ph.D. Student at the UB graduate program in Biomedical Sciences.
- Samantha Queeno (M.A., 2016) – Now a Ph.D. Student at the University of Oregon.
- Eaaswarkhanth Muthukrishnan, (Postdoctoral Fellow) – Now a Senior Researcher at the Dasman Diabetes Institute – Kuwait.
- Brandon Mistretta (M.A., 2015) – Now a medical genetics technologist at Baylor College of Medicine
- Sara-Ann Fox, (B.S., 2015) – Now a Medical Student at SUNY, Upstate Medical University
- Colin Flanagan (B.S., 2015) – Now a research assistant at Rockefeller University (with Dr. Ju Chen).
- Emilie Redwood (B.S., 2016) – Now at Med. School at SUNY, Stony Brook